International ProgramFaculty of Medicine Faculty of Economics and Business Faculty of Law Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences Faculty of Social and Political Sciences Faculty of Psychology
The International Undergraduate Program in International Relations
Faculty of Social and Political Sciences
Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta
Department of International Relations, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, Universitas Gadjah Mada administers International Undergraduate Program (IUP) to prepare students with academic competence for international engagement. The aim is however not merely to participate as a member of world society, but also and more importantly to bring about changes and transformation of the existing political, economic and social conditions into a better world. Indeed, the program is an endeavour toward a just, peaceful and civilised global society. Courses offered are structured along two main threads. Firstly, the courses are a set of studies on specific international relations related objects. Secondly, the courses are also about a specific way international relations is portrayed and a specific subject position on what kind a better future should be. In this respect, students will not be equipped with merely knowledge and skills, but the one that allow students to have critical attitude toward such conditions in international relations as injustice, inequality, poverty, environmental degradation and violence. Specifically, the program is to develop innovative and collaborative learning process in the study of international relations. It is also to promote problem solving-oriented research in this academic field. In addition its mission is to facilitate students oriented toward reflection, action and emancipation.
Brief Profile: IUP in IR
- Four-year undergraduate program in international relations, first initiated in 2011, admitting 35 students per cohort; named among most popular IUPs in UGM.
- Implementing independent and different approach for its admission with reference to regular undergraduate program.
- Cutting-edge curriculum, with strong emphasis on four foci of study: International Politics, International Security Studies, International Peace and Conflict Studies, International Political Economy, and Comparative Politics.
- Competence upon completion of study: diplomatic affairs, global business, academia, and journalism.
- Learning Process: Latest curriculum, small-size class (quota : 35 students), advisory service, English as primary medium of instruction.
- Learning Facilities: Reading bricks, subsidiary financial support for international exposure, fully-equipped class room.
OUR GLOBAL CLASSROOM
Dual Degree Program
Dual degree with Flinders University in Australia (2-1-1 program).
The student is awarded two degrees (undergraduate degree from Universitas Gadjah Mada & Flinders University).
Student Exchange Program (1-2 semesters) to reputable universities in all five main continents.
E.g : Sciences Po (France), La Trobe University (Australia), Malmo University (Sweden), National University of Singapore (Singapore), Freiburg University (Germany).
Summer Program, Short Course, Youth Exchange, Social Project (1-3 months).
E.g : Total Summer Camp, ASEAN in Today’s World, Program Pertukaran Pemuda Antar Negara by Ministry of Youth and Sport, De Keyser’s Projects.
Model United Nation (MUN), International Conference, International Competition (1-2 weeks).
E.g: the European International MUN, Harvard Model MUN, Asian International MUN.
CONTACT AND INFORMATION
Phone : (0274) 563362 Ext.145 ; (0274) 8 33333 0
Website : um.ugm.ac.id (for download online application) ; iupinir.fisipol.ugm.ac.id
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter : @IUP_HI_UGM
Facebook : Iup HI Ugm
Jl. Socio Yusticia Bulaksumur Yogyakarta 55281 INDONESIA Office Hours :
Monday to Thursday : 08.00 am - 16.00 pm
Friday : 08.00 am - 11.00 am and 13.00 - 16.00 pm Update terakhir : 7 Desember 2015 09:00:00 WIB