The International Undergraduate Program
Tourism Studies Program, Faculty of Cultural Sciences
Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta
Rationalizations in establishing an international class in the Tourism Studies Program, Faculty of Cultural Sciences are as follows:
- Referring to the Mission and Vision of Universitas Gadjah Mada and the Faculty of Cultural Sciences, i.e. the realization of world-class university programs.
- Preparing graduates who will be able to compete at the international level.
- Responding to public interested in attending international-standard education.
- Accelerating the quality improvement of learning in regular programs towards an international standard.
The Tourism Studies Program offers the study of tourism in three main majors, namely destination management, travel and tour management, and hotel hospitality. The program educates students with varying skills related to those areas so that they will be highly capable in either planning or managing tourism-related businesses and institutions.
The Tourism Studies Program will be nationally and internationally recognized as the leading institution in education and research in tourism in order to contribute to people's welfare and humanity, and bases its philosophy on the Pancasila principles.
- To provide a highly qualified and nationally and internationally-acclaimed education in tourism studies and research.
- To graduate tourism professionals possessing cultural and moral awareness, innovation, leadership, and awareness in humanity.
- To develop researches in the tourism knowledge which help realize high quality education, knowledge, technology and art for the nation and humanity.
- To improve community services in the field of tourism in solving humanity’s and community’s problems.
- To conduct cooperation with institutions either in domestic or abroad in the field of tourism to improve the quality of education, research, and community services.
- To conduct sustainable and high quality study program organization and accountable management in answering the changing world.
The study of travel, tourism system, and tourism implications to its stakeholders, culture, and environment.
To graduate tourism professionals with high capabilities in tourism knowledge and to actively involved in humanity and the nation’s welfare as well. The Tourism Studies Program aims at graduating tourism professionals who are able to:
- plan, develop, and manage tourism destination and attraction, travel, and hotel hospitality;
- market national tourism-related products, explain and promote international tourism;
- create and/or develop new tourism attraction;
- manage undesirable impacts of tourism industry;
- arrange a tourism operational planning, tour packages and their costs;
- organize human resources in the field of tourism;
- continuously develop knowledge about law, regulations, and policies related to businesses in tourism sector; and
- run tourism-related businesses.
Students are required to take 144 to 148 credit hours, consisting of 123 credit hours of compulsory subjects and 49 credit hours of elective subjects.
|1||Religion (Indonesian Values and Beliefs)||3||C|
|2||Introduction to Humanities||4||C|
|4||Introduction to Tourism||3||C|
|1||Civics and State Ideology||3||C|
|5||Tourism Ethics Code||2||C|
|7||Tourism Information System||2||C|
|8||Tourism Human Resources||2||C|
|3||Innovation in Tourism||3||C|
|5||Introduction to Hospitality||3||C|
|1||English for Tourism I||3||C|
|2||Tourism Intellectual History||3||C|
|4||MICE (Meeting, Incentive, Convention & Exhibition)||2||C|
|8||Interpretation and Guiding||2||E|
|1||English for Tourism II||3||C|
|4||Geography of Indonesian Tourism||2||C|
|6||Food & Beverage Management I||4||C|
|1||English for Tourism III||3||C|
|2||Sustainable Tourism Development||3||C|
|3||Geography of International Tourism||2||C|
|5||Hygiene and Sanitation||2||C|
|6||Tourism Feasibility Study||3||C|
|7||Hotel, Destination, and Travel Agent Accounting||3||E|
|8||Food & Beverage Management II||3||E|
|2||Tourism Research Methodology||3||C|
|1||Tourism Research Project||6||C|
Tour and travel manager, hotel manager, researcher, tourism consultant, restaurant manager, government employee in tourism office, event organizer manager, airline manager.
CONTACT AND INFORMATION
TOURISM STUDIES PROGRAM
FACULTY OF CULTURAL SCIENCES
UNIVERSITAS GADJAH MADA
Jl. Nusantara No. 1 Bulaksumur, Yogyakarta 55281 Indonesia
Phone: +62 274 901137, 513096 Ext. 105
Fax: +62 274 550541
Fahmi Prihantoro, S.S., S.H., M.A.
Phone: +62 81 1251138
Popi Irawan, S.S., M.Sc.
Phone: +62 813 92757211